Whilst it is understood that airline web sites make it easy to book travel and therefore give the opportunity to avoid paying a travel agency transaction fee, in fact they are allowing travellers and travel bookers to expose your company to massive risk and potential liability given the introduction of the Corporate Manslaughter & Homicide Act (see Norad Locate).
Whilst there is always pressure to reduce cost, this in itself does not excuse travellers from being accountable at all times. The company pays for the travel expenditure; the company is liable for safeguarding traveller safety and well being. The transaction fee is part of the cost for those safeguards, and is therefore more than just an "arrangement fee".
Eating the Elephant
Let's be honest - managing travel budgets is an emotive process however given the correct foundations and employee 'buy-in', Norad will provide a template for the long-term future management of administrative, commercial and financial procedures to ensure the successful central management of your UK & overseas business travel expenditure.
All pre-agreed procedures and objectives are outlined, assessed and measured for success through periodical review meetings. This will enable both parties to take an overview of what is working, what challenges need addressing and any further recommendations or updates that need to be made through the combined feedback of Travel Bookers and Travellers alike.
Our consultancy strategies guarantee annual first-year savings of 32% in direct cost savings and efficiency gains.
We are so confident in our Cost Reduction Services that we will give you £100 in Travel Vouchers should we not improve your current Financial Deal Following our Free Travel Management Step5 NETFEEcom Survey.*
We look forward to working with you in the future.
- Travel Health checks - audit and surveys of current travel situation.
- Workflow management - recognising and enhancing booking processes.
- Travel & Expense Management - assessment of payment solutions
- Travel Policy Creation
- Education seminars to Travel Bookers and stakeholders in the Travel Process
- Customer surveys and questionnaires to ascertain feedback on the Travel Process.
- Supplier negotiation - leverage improved terms with travel operators.
- Benchmarking - ensuring that agreed policies are achieving return-on-investment
- Ground Transportation - centralising non-air services.
- Developing policies to minimise risk exposure i.e. disaster recovery.
* This offer is only valid for new custom